2017年8月21日星期一

Wonder Woman cosplay Other kids had Wonder Woman

What an outlet for creative costumers cons have become movie costume. As I think back on it, before science fiction and comic conventions, the only opportunity to get dressed up and run around like your favorite character was Halloween.
Just for this reason, Halloween was my favorite holiday. Or at least a very tight second to Christmas! Nothing was more fun than donning costumes with my brothers and pillaging the neighborhood for candy with my grandmother who, small in stature at 4’8″,  would also disguise herself as one of the kids just to help keep our group identity obscured.
It didn’t take long for us to graduate from the conventional costumes made by Marvel costume or Ben Cooper but I will never forget those vacuum formed masks and cheesy,  one-piece coveralls. They came in all kinds of characters. The first I remember having was Porky Pig printed in a fluorescent orange color to aid visibility at night.
As far as superheroes were concerned, I remember a Captain America knock-off that had a triangular shield printed on the mask bearing the words “American Hero.”  We also had a Batman outfit that just wasn’t quite the same Batman we were watching on that famed 1966 series. Wonder Woman cosplay Other kids had Wonder Woman, Superman, Spider-man, Hulk and not many others of cape-and-spandex fare.

没有评论:

发表评论