2017年7月20日星期四

Cosplay Costume for prince

My original plan to make the armor details out of foam was scrapped when I realized that the EVA foam I bought wasn't dense enough. When dremeling, the foam didn't shave off nicely but formed horrible "cliffs". I had to come up with new plan and with no better substitute I ended up making the details out off acrylic filler. For information, that stuff is meant for filling gaps between tiles, windows and such. Definitely not for sculpting! I don't recommend unless you're just as desperate for material that sticks to foam, is somewhat sandable and bends with the foam okay-ish. The times when I thought "I just made the most horrible thing I have ever done lol" when making this costume couldn't be counted with even two hands.

So, I had my details ready and around two weeks left before the con.. and 5 days of work per week. During last rush I painted the armors, finished my pants and socks and made the crown. Wednesday and Thursday of the con week were spent glueing and sewing all the attachments for armor pieces. Lots of velcro was consumed. I really like velcro for its easy usability but the attachments don't look very tidy. I ended up sewing half of the velcro pieces to some straps and glueing half directly to EVA foam. Contact glue works surprisingly well but I would probably pay attention if the glue would need to sustain lots of pulling.

So, Zelda was finished in time, excluding some golden details on the socks I decided to skip. I'm not happy with it and thank god I didn't apply for NCC as there's no way I would have had time to make a skit.

没有评论:

发表评论